DAAD is planning to organise a workshop on writing DAAD PhD proposals in Kigali on Monday 25, March 2019. Would you ask staff in your Colleges/Schools/Departments who would want to apply for a DAAD PhD Scholarship to apply for attending this workshop. Please circulate this announcement widely.
TO BE CIRCULATED WIDELY
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
DAAD PhD Proposal Writing Workshop
on Monday, March 25, 2019 in Kigali
To prepare for funding opportunities to do a PhD in Germany
· Training offered by highly experienced DAAD Alumni
· No fees, but applicants cater for own accommodation, transport
· Number of participants limited
E-Mail applications only with the following documents/ information:
- A research abstract (max. 400 words in word format) of the PhD project to be undertaken (For the abstract to be considered, it MUST contain your name, title of the abstract, the problem statement, clearly stated objectives, methodology)
- scanned electronic copy of the Master’s certificate (degree not older than 6 years)
- At which German university do you want to do your PhD (and why), OR contact of a potential supervisor in Germany/ Graduate school
- Your expectations of the workshop (max. 5 sentences)
Applicants still awaiting examination of their Master’s thesis must provide a scanned electronic copy of the letter of submission from the university.
Application deadline: Friday, March 8, 2019, at noon
Send applications to Ms. Anja Bengelstorff, Programme Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLY complete applications can be considered. Participants from previous workshops cannot apply again.
Successful applicants will be notified by March 13, 2019.
We urge prospective applicants to Germany to consider their participation in this workshop! Please also note that eventually, a supervisor in Germany is needed for a scholarship application, and you may want to start your search NOW.